Spaghetti is a timeless classic that has been enjoyed by people all over the world. It’s the perfect comfort food that’s easy to make and always hits the spot. With the introduction of the Instant Pot, cooking spaghetti has never been easier. The Instant Pot allows you to cook spaghetti to perfection in a fraction of the time it would take on the stove. In this blog, I will be sharing my experience of making Instant Pot Spaghetti along with the recipe and some helpful tips to make it even more delicious.
As someone who loves to cook, I was intrigued by the idea of cooking spaghetti in an Instant Pot. So, I decided to give it a try. I gathered all the ingredients, including the spaghetti, ground beef, tomato sauce, and spices, and got to work.
The process was incredibly simple. I browned the ground beef and added the tomato sauce and spices. Then, I added the uncooked spaghetti to the pot and made sure it was fully submerged in the sauce. I closed the lid, set the timer, and waited patiently. When the timer beeped, I released the pressure and opened the lid to find perfectly cooked spaghetti. The sauce had been infused into the pasta, making it extra flavorful and delicious.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (28 oz) tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb spaghetti
How to Make Instant Pot Spaghetti:
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select the sauté function. Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic and cook until the beef is browned.
- Add the oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper to the pot and stir to combine.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and water and stir again.
- Break the spaghetti in half and add it to the pot, making sure it’s fully submerged in the sauce.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, release the pressure using the quick-release method
- Open the lid and give the spaghetti a quick stir. Serve hot.
How to Store Instant Pot Spaghetti:
If you have leftovers, let the spaghetti cool down and then store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for up to 4 days.
How to Refrigerate Instant Pot Spaghetti:
If you want to refrigerate the spaghetti for later use, let it cool down and then transfer it to an airtight container. The spaghetti will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How to Reheat Instant Pot Spaghetti:
To reheat the spaghetti, you can either use the microwave or the stove. If using the microwave, place the spaghetti in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. If using the stove, place the spaghetti in a pot and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Tips to Make Instant Pot Spaghetti More Delicious:
- Add vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, or zucchini for a healthier version.
- Use different types of pasta such as linguine or fettuccine for variety.
- Add extra spices or herbs like red pepper flakes, parsley, or thyme to give the dish an extra kick.
Can I use whole wheat spaghetti instead of regular spaghetti?
Yes, you can use whole-wheat spaghetti. Just keep in mind that it may take a bit longer to cook than regular spaghetti.
Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
Yes, you can use ground turkey instead of ground beef. It will give the dish a slightly different flavor, but it will still be delicious.
Can I use canned diced tomatoes instead of tomato sauce?
Yes, you can use canned diced tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. Just make sure to add some extra water to the pot to ensure the spaghetti cooks properly.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can double the recipe if you have a larger Instant Pot. Just make sure not to exceed the maximum fill line of your Instant Pot.
Can I add cheese to the spaghetti?
Yes, you can add cheese to the spaghetti. Just sprinkle some grated Parmesan or mozzarella cheese over the top before serving.
Instant Pot Spaghetti is a game-changer for those who love pasta but don't have much time to cook. It’s an easy and delicious way to enjoy a classic dish in no time. With just a few simple ingredients and the Instant Pot, you can have perfectly cooked spaghetti in minutes. The best part? The sauce infuses into the pasta, making it extra flavorful and delicious. It’s the perfect meal for busy weeknights or for when you’re craving something comforting and delicious.
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground beef, I use 85% lean
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- ½ pound spaghetti
- 24 oz. marinara sauce
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth, can sub water
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened (optional, but recommended!)
- Set the instant pot to Sautee. Add the Olive oil and ground beef. Cook and crumble the ground beef until it is browned and cooked through. Drain any excess grease if needed,
- Stir in the seasonings. Use a silicone spatula to scrape up any brown bits that might be stuck to the bottom of the pan. (This helps prevent the burn indicator message.)
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half. Crisscross them over the meat so that they don't stick together.
- Add the chicken broth and undrained diced tomatoes over the noodles. Top with marinara and ensure the noodles are submerged.
- Cover/Seal the Instant Pot and set it to pressure cook for 8 minutes (Or, select the manual button and hit high pressure for 8 minutes). Note: It might sound like nothing is happening but if you put your ear up to the instant pot after a few minutes, you can hear it working.
- Turn the quick release valve to let all of the steam escape, and open the pot. (Do not let the pressure release naturally as this will overcook the pasta.)
- Stir in the cream cheese. The sauce will continue to thicken upon standing. Serve, and enjoy!
Substitutions and additions:
- Ground Turkey or Chicken may also be used.
- Thin Spaghetti may also be used. Pressure cook for 6 minutes instead of 8.
- For a similar flavor to Bolognese, saute diced onions, celery, and carrots when browning the meat.