Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian-American dish that is loved by everyone. The combination of crispy breaded chicken and tomato sauce topped with melted cheese is simply irresistible. I recently tried making Chicken Parmesan Casserole, which is the perfect comfort food for any time of the year. The recipe was simple, and the outcome was simply amazing. Here's how I made it:
I have always loved cooking, and trying out new recipes is something that I truly enjoy. I came across this Chicken Parmesan Casserole recipe online and decided to give it a try. I gathered all the ingredients and started preparing the dish. The aroma of the chicken cooking in the oven was simply irresistible. Once it was done, I couldn't wait to dig in. The crispy breaded chicken, tomato sauce, and melted cheese were simply amazing. It was so good that I ended up making it again the following week. Now, it has become a family favorite, and we love having it for dinner.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 8 thin cutlets.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat each chicken cutlet in flour, dip in beaten eggs, and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Place the breaded chicken cutlets on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, mix the marinara sauce with grated parmesan cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Arrange the chicken cutlets in a single layer on top of the sauce.
- Spoon the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for an additional 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
How to Store Chicken Parmesan Casserole:
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to Refrigerate:
Allow the casserole to cool completely before refrigerating. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
How to Reheat:
To reheat, preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Tips to Make Chicken Parmesan Casserole More Delicious:
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for better flavor.
- Add some crushed red pepper flakes to the tomato sauce for a little bit of heat.
- Use Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs for extra flavor.
- Serve with garlic bread or a side salad.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I use store-bought tomato sauce instead of marinara sauce?
Yes, you can use store-bought tomato sauce instead of marinara sauce. However, I recommend adding some Italian herbs and spices to enhance the flavor.
Can I use a different type of cheese instead of mozzarella?
Yes, you can use a different type of cheese such as cheddar or provolone. However, mozzarella cheese is the traditional cheese used in Chicken Parmesan Casserole and gives it a classic flavor.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the chicken and sauce ahead of time and assemble the casserole just before baking. You can also bake the casserole ahead of time and reheat it in the oven when ready to serve.
Can I freeze Chicken Parmesan Casserole?
Yes, you can freeze Chicken Parmesan Casserole for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. To reheat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and bake in the oven until heated through.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for any occasion. It's easy to make, and the combination of crispy breaded chicken, tomato sauce, and melted cheese is simply irresistible. You can serve it with garlic bread or a side salad for a complete meal. Give this recipe a try, and I'm sure it will become a family favorite.