This oven-baked Chicken Parmesan is stuffed with Mozzarella cheese and topped with a crispy Parmesan breadcrumb mixture topped with warm Marinara sauce.
Chicken Parmesan (Cheese-Stuffed!)
This traditional Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan tastes better than any restaurant I've ever visited. It's not only packed with mozzarella, but it also has the crispiest Parmesan breading.
How to Make it
Carefully cut a pocket out of the chicken breast using a knife. Put mozzarella cheese inside.
Seasoned flour, whisked eggs, and a Parmesan breadcrumb mixture should all be combined to coat the chicken.
In a skillet with some butter and olive oil, brown the chicken on all sides. To make the chicken even more crispy, remove and place on paper towels, which will absorb any extra oil.
Add marinara sauce and put the chicken back in the skillet.
Add mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 400°. If you'd like a little more browning, turn the heat up to 450°, but keep an eye on it the entire time to avoid burning.
After serving, garnish with fresh parsley!
Can You Skip the Browning?
Although you can bake the chicken without browning it first, I do so for the following reasons:
- The outside will be especially crispy. And even with cheese and marinara on top, it keeps its crispiness.
- This is made much more golden in color thanks to the butter.
- It has a restaurant-style chicken parmesan flavor.
- Keep in mind that we're only using a small amount of butter and oil and that the chicken won't be thoroughly fried.
If you'd rather, you can omit the browning and just lightly mist the chicken with oil before baking.
- For up to three days, keep leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- It is best to use leftovers within three months of making them and they freeze very well for future meals.
- Allow it to defrost in the refrigerator overnight before reheating from a frozen state. Grease a Dutch oven or another oven-safe dish very lightly. Bake for 30-35 minutes with a cover at 350 degrees.
- Even though it will take more time to heat through, you can still reheat partially frozen chicken Parmesan in the oven.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Fresh Parsley, to garnish