Today I’m going to share my favorite Italian Classic salad. Caprese Salad is eye-catching, elegant and cheesy salad. I made it with a new style by adding tomato, Basil Leaves, Mozzarella, and a little bit of olive oil with balsamic vinegar.
It is an Italian salad that is made in Capri the island of Italy. It is made with fresh ingredients and is quick to make. Whenever I go to Italy I wouldn’t skip this salad because it is so delicious. Thisweek I saw fresh tomatoes in the store and I was thinking to make a Caprese salad with tomatoes. It is just an amazing summer salad to feel fresh during summer. The freshness of colors and taste and juicy tomatoes on a plate along with Mozzarella cheese force you to eat it.
CAPRESE SALAD RECIPE VIDEO
If you want to make it perfect watch the full video of the Caprese salad. Just click on it to watch the whole video.
CAPRESE SALAD INGREDIENTS
Salad is all about freshness. In this recipe, you need to take fresh ingredients. The two ingredients Basil and Tomatoes should be fresh. All the ingredients are mentioned below with detailed guidelines.
- Tomato: Fresh tomatoes are the main ingredient in the recipe. You can buy fresh tomatoes from a farmer. Keep in mind that tomatoes should be red, juicy, and soft.
- Mozzarella: You can’t skip the cheese for a creamy and perfect texture in salad. Buy a cheese ball and cut it into a round shape. To make salad take a fresh ball of cheese and you can also make cheese at home.
- Fresh Basil: To get brilliant color on the top of the salad and a fresh aroma pluck some basil leaves from the plant.
- Olive Oil: It becomes more healthy with olive oil. You can use Extra Virgin Olive Oil in it and it is not expensive. Pour it on the salad to make the salad more healthy.
- Balsamic Vinegar: It is new for you to use balsamic vinegar into caprese salad. If you don’t like you can skip it.
- Salt & Paper: At the last add some salt and black paper on top of the salad. You can use sea salt or Maldon Salt to give flavor.
HOW TO MAKE CAPRESE SALAD
It is very easy to make this salad in just 5 mint. First of all, cut tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese into a round shape and place it on the plate roundly. Then pluck some basil leaves and put them under tomato and mozzarella cheese one by one. Pour a little bit of olive oil on it with balsamic reduction vinegar. Last sprinkle salt & pepper on it when you need to serve it. Did you look how much it was easy? If you want to enjoy the summer salad you can take it with wine.
MORE CAPRESE IDEAS
Here are some tasty and tempting Caprese salad ideas that you can make in winter, summer, and spring.
- Melted Mozzarella Caprese Crostini Toasts
- Chicken Caprese Sandwich
- Roasted Tomato And Burrata Caprese Salad
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Caprese Zucchini Salad
What are the ingredients for a Caprese salad?
Before making the salad make sure all ingredients are fresh. The tomato should be juicy and a little bit soft. The ingredients of the recipe are as follows.
- Olive Oil
- Sal & Paper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Basil Leaves
What does Caprese mean in a salad?
It is an Italian salad recipe that contains. Tomato, mozzarella, Olive Oil, Basil Leaves, and Balsamic reduction.
Why is Caprese salad called Caprese?
It is known for the Islan of Itlay named Capri.
Are Caprese salads healthy?
Yes, it is a healthy salad because it has many nutrients of tomato, olive oil, basil leaves, and Balsamic Vinegar. This salad contains Vitamins A & k, potassium, and minerals.
Who invented Caprese?
During World War 1 Caprese salad was made for the first time. This recipe is a tribute to Italy and incorporates tricolour.
Delicate and refreshing summer salad for you and your guest. The Caprese Salad will make your food table more elegant. This salad is full of nutrients because all the ingredients in the salad are fresh. If you don’t like the tomato you can add fruit of your choice like mango, peach & avocado. Make new variations with veggies and fruits and make your dinner table, lunch, or partis healthy and tasty.
CAPRESE SALAD RECIPE
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 balsamic reduction
- flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prep the tomato and cheese. Add a slice of tomato to a plate, then add a slice of mozzarella on top. Keep alternating slices of tomato and mozzarella until you've used up all of the ingredients.
- Add the basil. Place fresh basil leaves in between the layers. I prefer smaller basil leaves to keep them whole, but if you have large basil leaves you can cut them up.
- Finishing touches. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic reduction on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then serve immediately.
- Make sure to check out my separate recipe for how to make a Balsamic Reduction (Balsamic Glaze). It’s easy and much better than store-bought.
- You can get creative and substitute the tomatoes for a variety of fruits, including peaches, nectarines, strawberries, and more. Use what’s in season!