Taco soup is a mouth-watering recipe that is sure to become a family favorite. This soup is a perfect combination of tomatoes, corn, black beans, ground beef, etc that gives a nourishing and delicious flavor to it. The best part is that it is naturally gluten-free and can be prepared in just 30 minutes.
Taco soup is an all-year-round recipe that is easy to make, and your kids will love it. It is a fantastic dish for Taco Tuesday without the hassle of gluten-free taco shells. The dish is packed with a delightful blend of spices that will tantalize your taste buds. I guarantee that your kids and you, yourself will enjoy it.
HOW TO MAKE TACO SOUP
I like to cook taco soup in a big pot for 30 minutes straight on medium heat. The recipe is loaded with protein and vegetables, making it an ideal meal that will fill you up and provide nutrients to your body. Here's how you can make it:
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot on medium heat.
- I then slice the onions, tomato paste, taco seasoning, and bell peppers, and mix them together for 3 minutes.
- I then add some water along with green chilies, sliced tomatoes with corn, and kidney beans. I also sometimes add back beans.
- I let the mixture boil, then I add lit to it and let it cook for twenty minutes.
- That is it, now you can enjoy your meal after this!
The taco soup recipe instructions above are enough to teach you, but it is essential to drain and rinse the beans. Canned vegetables, especially beans, are usually preserved in salt water, leading to a high level of sodium. I rinse it off to lessen the sodium level.
MAKE IT IN A SLOW COOKER OR CROCKPOT
This recipe can be made using a crockpot or a slow cooker. If you prefer "set it and forget it," then there are these appliances available for this purpose.
FOR THE FRESHEST TACO SOUP
For the freshest and most delicious flavor, I suggest utilizing my natively constructed taco preparation. It is a similar flavoring utilized in my taco salad and taco-stuffed zucchini boats. It is a must-attempt recipe for Mexican food sweethearts.
Along with this yummy taco soup, you can also quench your thirst, try my Classic Margarita, Mango Margarita, Strawberry Margarita, Agua Fresca, or Horchata.
HOW TO GARNISH IT
When it comes to garnishing, you can be creative. You can add diced avocado, jalapenos, cilantro, or some cashew sour cream which is dairy-free. If you prefer cheese, you can sprinkle cotija cheese or cheddar cheese on top. Cotija cheese is quite salty, so remember to rinse the beans to reduce the sodium level.
What makes taco soup gluten-free?
Taco soup is naturally gluten-free because it doesn't contain any wheat, barley, or rye. It's made with tomatoes, corn, black beans, and ground beef which are all gluten-free ingredients.
Can I make taco soup in a slow cooker or crockpot?
Indeed, you can! Basically, add every one of the fixings to your sluggish cooker or stewing pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Can I freeze leftover taco soup?
Yes, you can freeze leftover taco soup in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it on the stove or in the microwave.
Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
Yes, you can use ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef in this recipe. It will still be delicious and flavorful.
How can I make this recipe spicier?
If you prefer a spicier taco soup, you can add more jalapenos or use a spicier taco seasoning. You could also add a few dashes of hot sauce or chili powder to the recipe.
In conclusion, taco soup is a mouth-watering, healthy, and easy-to-make recipe that is just a great match for all times of the year. It's loaded with protein and veggies, making it a filling and nutrient-dense meal. With the homemade taco seasoning and the option to add your own creative toppings, you can customize this soup to suit your taste preferences. Whether you're a Mexican food lover or simply looking for a new family favorite recipe, taco soup is definitely worth a try.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 recipe taco seasoning, or 2 tablespoons if you've made a large batch
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can canned sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can canned diced tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) can canned diced green chilies
- 3 cups water
- jalapeno peppers
- cotija cheese (or other cheese)
- sour cream
- Cook the ground beef. In a large pot over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Drain any leftover fat.
- Cook the first set of vegetables. Add the diced onion, bell pepper, taco seasoning, and tomato paste to the pot. Stir and sweat the ingredients together for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables and simmer. Add the black beans, kidney beans, corn, diced tomatoes, green chilies, and water. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve it up. To serve, ladle the taco soup into bowls and add your favorite taco toppings.
- For a meatless Monday or vegetarian/vegan option: Replace the ground beef with quinoa.
- If you’re making this in a slow cooker: Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours (or more) or high for 4 hours.