As a lover of warm weather and sunshine, I always feel that summer is not complete without indulging in homemade mixed berry popsicles. So, as we approach June, I can't wait to whip up a batch of these delicious treats. And I'm sure you feel the same way too, right?
One of the things I love most about making popsicles at home is the endless fruit combinations that you can use. And the best part is that they're far healthier than the ones you buy in the supermarket. They contain less sugar and nasties, making them a better choice for both me and my family. But as usual, I couldn't decide which berries to use. Should I go for the classic strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or maybe something more exotic?
I decided to use them all, just like in my other berry-based recipes such as my Paleo pancake recipe with triple berry compote or my raw mixed berry and vanilla bean cheesecake. I just can't resist the taste of these juicy, flavorful fruits. The mixed berry popsicles that I make are a true labor of love. I carefully layer each type of berry to create a stunning, vibrant visual effect. And let me tell you, the taste is just as amazing as the look.
The sweet and tangy flavor of the berries blend together perfectly, making these popsicles a refreshing and guilt-free summer treat. So, what are you waiting for? It's time to get creative and make your own homemade mixed berry popsicles. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you for it.
How to Refrigerate Mixed Berry Popsicles:
- Remove the mixed berry popsicles from their molds.
- Place them in an airtight container or a freezer-safe bag.
- Store the container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
How to Freeze Mixed Berry Popsicles:
- Popsicles with mixed berries should be taken out of the molds.
- On a baking sheet or pan that has been lined with parchment paper, arrange them in a single layer.
- The popsicles should be totally frozen after two to three hours of freezing.
- Transfer the frozen popsicles to a freezer-safe bag or airtight container.
- Date and contents should be written on the container or bag.
- For up to two to three months, store the container or bag in the freezer.
How to Reheat Mixed Berry Popsicles (If Required):
- I must clarify that mixed berry popsicles are meant to be eaten frozen and do not require reheating.
Can I add sugar or other sweeteners to the popsicles?
Yes, you can add sugar or other sweeteners to the popsicles to suit your taste. However, keep in mind that the more sugar you add, the less healthy the popsicles will be.
Can I make the popsicles without a popsicle mold?
Yes, you can make popsicles without a popsicle mold by using paper cups or ice cube trays. Simply pour the mixture into the cups or trays and insert a popsicle stick or toothpick into the center.
Homemade mixed berry popsicles are a refreshing and delicious summer treat that can be made with a variety of berries. They are not only healthier than store-bought popsicles but also allow for endless flavor combinations. These mixed berry popsicles are meant to be eaten frozen and do not require reheating.
However, if you have accidentally left them out of the freezer for too long and they have melted, you can turn them into a refreshing mixed berry slushie by blending them in a blender or food processor. Simply blend the melted popsicles until smooth, pour the mixture into a glass, and enjoy immediately.