Today I bring a healthy and quick recipe for you that you can take for breakfast. Oat Milk is healthy and full of energy. It is free of dairy items and has just two ingredients to make it. But the homemade oat milk is a little sticky if you want to make it nonsticky you can video with a secret tip. So are you ready let’s do it?
OAT MILK IS A DAIRY-FREE FAVORITE
If you take a round of market and stores daily then you know very well these days many types of milk are available which are free of dairy items. In this category, you might see almond milk, homemade banana milk, and other nuts milk. But oat milk demand goes high in the market and its popularity is spread like a storm. In local markets or coffee shops around you could see how oat milk become the favorite drink of people. Its texture is so creamy without any dairy item and its sweetness makes it balance breakfast milk. You don't need to drink it just in the morning you can drink it whenever you want and need. If you buy oat milk from the store you can see many commercial brands use artificial flavors, oil, and Xanthan Gum for thickness and to increase its shelf life. If you want to avoid all these things go to your kitchen and be ready to make it easier.
WHAT TYPE OF OATS ARE BEST FOR OAT MILK?
Rolled Oats are best to make oat milk because quick oats are processed too much and they can create a mess because they will become too sticky. In my different oatmeal recipes, you can see I preferred to use rolled Oats. Before buying the oat make sure these are gluten-free. Many non-organic oats may have the harmful herb glyphosate which may cause harm for you.
HOW TO MAKE OAT MILK
You need to follow three steps to make delicious oat milk.
- Take a blender jug and add oats, water, sugar, or honey. Blend all ingredients well at high speed
- Take a towel or net cloth to pour the milk. Stain the milk 2 times on a net cloth to get lumps-free milk.
- Pour in a bottle and store in the fridge.
HOW TO AVOID SLIMY OAT MILK
I have noticed there is one thing bad in homemade oat milk that is sticky. But don’t worry after my 6-time testing I have wonderful tips for you to get rid of it.
- Don’t use warm water in oat milk because it makes it more sticky and gummy. You can use cold water to avoid stickiness.
- Don’t blend the ingredients enough because they become sticky this way.
- When you strain it must use a high quality nut bag ad strain it 2 times.
- Squeeze the milk with soft hands don’t squeeze it over.
HOW TO MAKE OAT MILK THE LEAST SLIMY
If you want to make oat milk less gummy I have more tips for you just follow and enjoy the milk.
- Add oats to the water bowl to soak them in water at 1 inch.
- Open two digestive capsules and mix them with water and oats for about 15 minutes and wash them well after 15 minutes.
- Add the oats to the blender with 4 cups cold water and blend them well for about 30 seconds.
- Strain them well and pour them into the bottle to store them.
HOW TO STORE OAT MILK
When you blend the oat milk and strain it well pour I into juice jars or glass bottles to store it in the fridge. In the fridge, you can store it for one week.
WAYS TO USE OAT MILK + TIPS
You can use it in several things like baking, smoothies, shakes, and sweets. Always used it in cold things because hot dishes can make it slimy. If you want to add sweetness to it honey or maple syrup are the best options for you.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER OAT PULP
Make it easier for you. Use the leftover oat pulp in cookies and smoothies and other several dishes. Use it as a face mask to give freshness to the skin.
MORE DAIRY-FREE MILK RECIPES
- Almond Milk
- Cashew Milk
Is oat milk healthier than milk?
Oat Milk is healthy but dairy milk is too healthy because it has calcium, Vitamin A & D, and lots of minerals that give strength to our body.
Do you need to boil oat milk?
No, you can’t boil it because when you will boil it, it turns into a thickness that is not healthy.
Oat Milk is a healthy recipe for breakfast to energize your day. Simple and full of nutrients recipe. You can use it in several dishes and serve it to guests believe me they couldn’t judge that it is not dairy milk.
HOW TO MAKE OAT MILK (NON-SLIMY + TIPS!)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 cups ice cold water
- 1 to 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add oats, water, and any additional sweeteners to a high-powered blender. Blend for 20 to 30 seconds. Make sure to not over-blend.
- Strain the oat milk mixture by pouring through a nut milk bag or thin towel over a large mixing bowl or pitcher. If you'd like, you can double strain the mixture to make sure all the sediment is removed.
- Transfer the oat milk to a sealed container and store in the fridge.
- This is my favorite nut-milk bag and the large glass measuring bowl I use (so helpful for pouring!).