Looking for a healthy and easy-to-make seafood dish that's both delicious and nutritious? Look no further than Easy Baked Halibut! This recipe is perfect for those who are trying to incorporate more fish into their diet, but don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
This recipe is simple enough for even novice cooks to master and can be easily customized with your favorite herbs and spices. So why not give this Easy Baked Halibut recipe a try and enjoy a healthy and delicious seafood dinner tonight?
As someone who loves seafood, I was excited to try the Easy Baked Halibut recipe. I gathered all the ingredients, including fresh halibut filets, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. I served the Easy Baked Halibut with a side of roasted vegetables and a wedge of lemon for extra flavor. The dish turned out to be a hit, with the halibut being moist, flavorful, and perfectly cooked.
I found the Easy Baked Halibut recipe to be a quick and easy way to prepare a healthy and delicious seafood dish. I will definitely be making this recipe again in the future!
BAKED HALIBUT INGREDIENTS
Here are the ingredients needed to make Baked Halibut:
- 4 halibut fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY BAKED HALIBUT RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place the halibut fillets in the dish and drizzle them with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mince the garlic and sprinkle it over the fish, along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let the fish marinate in the mixture for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake the halibut for about 15-20 minutes, or until it is cooked through and flaky.
- Check the temperature of the fish with a meat thermometer to ensure it is at least 145°F before taking it out of the oven.
- Serve the Easy Baked Halibut with a side of roasted vegetables and a wedge of lemon for extra flavor, if desired.
WAYS TO SERVE BAKED HALIBUT WITH MAYO
Here are some ways to serve Baked Halibut with Mayo:
- Mayo-Herb Sauce: Mix ½ cup of mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh chives, 1 minced garlic clove, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Drizzle over the baked halibut.
- Spicy Mayo: Mix ½ cup of mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce, 1 minced garlic clove, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Drizzle over the baked halibut.
- Lemon Mayo: Mix ½ cup of mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon of lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Drizzle over the baked halibut.
- Caper Mayo: Mix ½ cup of mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons of capers, 1 minced garlic clove, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Drizzle over the baked halibut.
- Aioli: Mix ½ cup of mayonnaise with 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Spread the aioli over the baked halibut fillets.
- Tartar Sauce: Mix ½ cup of mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons of pickle relish, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Serve the tartar sauce on the side.
STORE AND REHEAT BAKED HALIBUT Process
Storing Baked Halibut: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Make sure the halibut has cooled down to room temperature before storing it.
To prevent bacteria growth, do not leave the cooked halibut at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Reheating Baked Halibut: To reheat the baked halibut, preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place the halibut fillets in an oven-safe dish and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil or butter to prevent them from drying out.
Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the halibut is heated through.
You can also reheat the halibut in the microwave on a microwave-safe dish for 1-2 minutes, but be careful not to overheat it as it can become dry and tough.
Is halibut a healthy fish to eat?
Yes, halibut is a healthy fish to eat. It is low in calories, high in protein, and a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health.
How should I season halibut before baking?
You can season halibut with a variety of herbs and spices, such as garlic, lemon, dill, parsley, and thyme, depending on your taste preferences. Some recipes also call for seasoning the fish with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Can I use frozen halibut for baking?
Yes, you can use frozen halibut for baking, but make sure to thaw it first in the refrigerator overnight or in cold water for a few hours. Do not use a microwave to thaw halibut, as it can cause uneven cooking and affect the texture of the fish.
Halibut is a great choice for anyone who loves fish but doesn’t have a lot of time to cook it. It’s easy to prepare and has a mild flavor that goes well with many different seasonings. There are many ways you can cook halibut, so use this guide as inspiration for your next meal!