Shredded chicken and your favorite Mexican flavors are abundant in these creamy tacos made in the slow cooker. This tastes great on top of taco shells, rice, or lettuce wraps!
I adore chicken tacos made in the slow cooker. I adore all kinds of tacos, but lately, chicken-shredded tacos are my favorite. I have no idea why this is. Anyway, I've been consistently preparing crock pot meals every Sunday.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup red onion
- ½ cup salsa tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- ½ Tablespoons garlic
- ¾ cup shredded Mexican cheese
How To Make It
- After seasoning with cumin and garlic salt, add the chicken to the slow cooker along with the lime juice and cream cheese. For about two hours on high or low, cook the chicken in the crock pot until it is white and easily shreds with two forks.
- After that, cook everything else for a further two hours on high or four hours on low.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce, rice, or soft or hard taco shells!
PSST: I just bought myself this Crock Pot if you're looking for a new one. You can put the inner pot on the stove in addition to the self-timer that will switch it to warm for you after a predetermined amount of time! Consequently, you don't need to use another pan to brown some meat on the stove!