In just 30 minutes, you can prepare this creamy chipotle shrimp recipe for a delicious evening. Spicy fresh herbs and peppers are sprinkled over jumbo shrimp that have been covered in a chipotle sauce that is both creamy and tangy. Never before have prawns tasted so amazing.
Nothing beats the satisfaction of making a meal worthy of a fine restaurant at home. Especially when they don't take long to prepare but give the impression that they took hours of labor. Such a dish is this one-pan creamy chipotle prawn.
The chipotle peppers add an incredible depth of flavor and a pleasant heat. Serve over rice, courgette noodles, or sauteed greens. In any case, this warm and comforting meal is perfect for any season!
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS FOR A HEALTHY DINNER
You won't believe how simple this dish is to put together. The homemade chipotle sauce, however, is what truly sets this dish apart. Blend that along with the rest of the ingredients in a matter of seconds.
- If you're going to use shrimp, my recommendation is frozen jumbo shrimp.
- Sweeter than green bell peppers, red bell peppers are a delicious addition to any dish.
- Aromatic ingredients like garlic and green onion help boost the dish's overall flavor.
- A dash of salt and pepper brings any dish together.
- This homemade chipotle sauce is surprisingly simple and flavorful. The results were much above my expectations, and I will never buy it from the shop again.
- Milk: Use whichever milk you like, dairy or otherwise.
- For an additional spice, sprinkle some chopped cilantro and sliced jalapenos on top.
CREAMY CHIPOTLE SHRIMP: THE BEST 30-MINUTE MEAL
The prawn in this dish only needs to be briefly sautéed before the sauce takes center stage. The recipe is outlined below.
- To cook shrimp in olive oil, place a pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil and the shrimp. Then, place it in a separate dish.
- Add the bell pepper and continue to sauté for another 4 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Combine with aromatics: Season with salt and pepper and add garlic and green onions. Mix it up a little bit.
- The chipotle sauce is now being added: The chipotle sauce and milk should be combined.
- Reintroduce the prawn once the mixture has reached a simmer.
- To serve, top with sliced jalapenos, cilantro, and the remaining green onions. Peppers can be left out if you like a milder dish.
TASTY SERVING SUGGESTIONS
Every dish would benefit from the addition of these succulent shrimp. The sauce can be served atop a base or as an accompaniment to savory sides. Both of the following complement this simple and fast dish perfectly.
- To round out a filling meal, pair this with:
- Any cooked rice will do, whether it's white, brown, or wild.
- Have your potatoes with garlic butter or mashed. Potatoes with Herbs, Roasted
- To make a lighter supper, pair this with:
- Noodles are made from vegetables, such as zucchini or cucumber.
- Cauliflower rice or broccoli rice for vegetarians, and roasted broccoli or green beans with shallots and lemon for omnivores.
Using cashew sour cream in place of regular sour cream and non-dairy milk will convert this dish to a dairy-free one. Really simple!
HOW TO STORE AND FREEZE
- Storing: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight jar for up to four days.
- To freeze, simply transfer to a freezer-safe bag or container and keep frozen for up to three months.
- To Thaw: Put it in the refrigerator the night before you plan to consume it. Then, either microwave or Re-Heat the stove. You'll be able to enjoy the same great flavor as when you first tried it!
Don't overcook the shrimp: Shrimp cooks very quickly, and overcooking it can make it tough and rubbery. Be sure to only cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and start to curl up.
Use fresh shrimp: Whenever possible, use fresh shrimp for this recipe. Fresh shrimp will have a sweet, delicate flavor that pairs perfectly with the creamy chipotle sauce.
Adjust the spiciness: If you're sensitive to spicy foods, you may want to start with less chipotle pepper and gradually add more until you reach your desired level of heat. You can also adjust the spiciness by using more or less adobo sauce.
Serve with rice or pasta: Creamy Chipotle Shrimp goes great with rice or pasta, which will help soak up the delicious sauce.
Add some vegetables: You can add some vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, or zucchini to the recipe to add some extra flavor and nutrition to the dish. Simply sauté them in the pan before adding the shrimp.
CREAMY CHIPOTLE SHRIMP
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced with green and white parts separated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 recipe chipotle sauce
- ½ cup milk, dairy or non-dairy
- garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced jalapeno
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saute pan on medium heat. Add the shrimp and saute for 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through and opaque. Remove them to a bowl.
- In that same pan, add another tablespoon of olive oil and add the bell pepper and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add the garlic, white parts of the green onion, salt and pepper. Stir for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chipotle sauce and milk and stir to combine. Then add the shrimp back to the pan to warm through.
- Garnish with the green parts of the green onion, chopped cilantro and sliced jalapeno pepper.
- To store: Place it in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- To freeze: Pour it into a freezer safe container or bag and store for up to 3 months.
- To thaw: When you're ready to eat, let it thaw in the fridge overnight. Then re-heat it on the stovetop or microwave. It'll taste as good as new!