The homemade cajun seasoning is the best spice mixture for giving any food a spicy, earthy, and powerful southern kick.
You might say that I cherish cajun spice. This flavour always reminds me of my New Orleans adventures and the heart and soul of Louisiana comfort cuisine, whether I use it for traditional dishes like jambalaya or my own inventions like creamy Cajun chicken.
Even though certain meals are very hot, store-bought cajun spice is a combination of robust, earthy, and mildly spicy flavours, contrary to popular belief. The former is similar to my own cajun spice, making it simple to enjoy delectable cajun flavours and meals at home.
CAJUN SEASONING INGREDIENTS
Most likely, you already have the spices and herbs needed to make this seasoning. You can make seasoning by adding a few spices and get delightful seasoning for your food. Using this seasoning with various cuisine and get an amazing taste of food. Here are the things you'll need.
- The majority of cajun spices use a lot of paprika for their fiery flavour. And the cayenne pepper only makes that more apparent.
- The winning combination for any spice base is garlic and onion powder. But with this one, I'm leaning more toward garlic powder.
- Dried herbs, Thyme, and oregano will provide a touch of Creole cooking's herbal depth of flavour.
All these wonderful ingredients add more taste to your chiken, seafood, and veggies, it can also use in different soups but depends on your preference.
HOW TO MAKE CAJUN SEASONING
It's simple to create your own spice blend by combining all the ingredients and keeping it in my favorite glass spice jars. The greatest way to jazz up a straightforward chicken or vegetable supper is to use these jars to double, triple, or even quadruple the dish. You can save these spices mixture for at least one year.
WAYS TO USE CAJUN SEASONING
One of the most useful spice mixtures to have is a bottle of homemade cajun seasoning. especially if you enjoy rich, spicy cuisine. Here are a few applications for it:
- Apply it to seafood and meats. This spice is ideal for adding to any type of fish (particularly prawns), poultry, or beef that has been pan seared or grilled while making cajun meals.
- Mix in the veggies. This adds some spice to roasted veggies. especially roasted potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, and squash.
- Add to soups. Just add around one tablespoon to a straightforward soup, like my cabbage soup, if you want to give it some spiciness.
- Remember to consider seafood boils. This Louisiana staple is a southern meal that would not be a seafood boil without copious amounts of cajun spice (or cajun sauce).
How To Save The Cajun Seasoning
Once you add all the spices use it but it's also possible to save the seasoning spices for a long time. You can double the ingredients and save it for a year. But make sure that you need to use an air tight clean jar.
What Is The Quantity of Ingredients Adding to the Seasoning?
Add 2 tablespoon of salt, 3 tablespoon of paprika, and 1 tablespoon of garlic powder to flavour to taste. 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, thyme, onion powder, cayenne, and black pepper.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make This Seasoning?
It will not take too much time because you need to just mix all the spices into a bowl and use it immediately.
How To Store The Cajun Seasoning?
It's simple to store the seasoning for next time use. After mixing all the ingredients, add it to a clean airtight jar and save it for a long time.
How To Use This Cahun Seasoning?
After making this seasoning you can use it in different ways like adding in veggies, applying on seafood, and also using it with soup. It gives a unique taste to the food.
Any seasoning is important when you add in some other food items. It is important when you add seasoning it will enhance the taste of your food item. Cajun seasoning is delicious and you can add in multiple food items and make it more delicious. For making this amazing recipe of seasoning you need to add a few simple ingredients and will get the amazing spices recipe. This seasoning's incredible ability to last a year is what makes it so special. Describe your thoughts on it and how you used it in the comments section if you make this cajun seasoning.
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoons black pepper
- Mix all the spices together in a bowl. Use immediately or store in an airtight container.