For a quick weeknight meal or to enjoy while watching a game with friends, make this BBQ chicken pizza recipe. There are countless topping combinations!
The best-kept secret in a busy family's schedule is undoubtedly pizza night. It only needs 30 minutes to prepare and bake, the toppings are simple to customize, and the whole family can help!
There are many ways to customize this BBQ chicken pizza to make it uniquely yours, and your family will adore it.
The Best BBQ Sauce
Let's now discuss the essential ingredient in BBQ Chicken Pizza. The BBQ Sauce.
Three flavors are available: Original, Hot, and Sweet. I adore each of them. They work well for grilling, dipping, and tailgating, and the squeeze bottles make them incredibly handy.
Toppings for BBQ Chicken Pizza
With various toppings, BBQ Chicken Pizza is enjoyable to customize and is readily available at Walmart. You could also include: in addition to the banana peppers we used in this recipe:
- Red Onions
- Blue Cheese
- Goat Cheese
- Bell Peppers
- Caramelized Onions
Fresh Arugla (After baking at the end)
How to Shred Chicken
- Sprinkle a lot of salt on the chicken.
- Put in a pot and add 1 inch of water to cover.
- The water should be brought to a gentle boil before being simmered for 8 to 16 minutes. The thickness of your chicken will determine this. To prevent it from becoming dry, try not to overcook it.
- When the center registers 165 degrees, the chicken is finished. Additionally, the center will be cooked through and no longer be pink.
- Using two forks, shred the food into bite-sized pieces after draining and letting it cool for about five minutes. Using a hand mixer to shred it is another option.
Ideal Temperature for Pizza Dough
For easy spreading, pizza dough should be between 65 and 75 degrees. Pizza dough that has been kept in the fridge will not roll out properly.
On the other hand, avoid letting the dough become too warm as this will cause it to overproof and bake up thin and flat.
- 1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 ½ cups shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cups BBQ Sauce
- ⅓ cup banana peppers
- 1 ½ cups, shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Gouda cheese
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Freshly cracked pepper
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Dough for one large pizza
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken , shredded rotisserie or about 2 chicken breasts
- 2 shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ barbecue sauce
- ¼ large red onion very thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and prebake your pizza dough for 6 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of bbq sauce on top of the pre-baked pizza crust. Then top with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese and sliced red onion.
- Add shredded rotisserie chicken to a bowl and cover it with a few tablespoons of bbq sauce. Toss to combine. Spread chicken pieces over the pizza.
- Sprinkle another thin layer of cheese on top of the pizza, and add chopped cilantro, to taste.
- Bake at 450 F for 10 -15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.